The foundation stone of the school was laid by the then Prince of Wales in Feb 1922 and the school started functioning at Jalandhar Cantt on 15 Sep 1925. Its Syllabus was based on Military requirements with English as medium of instruction. The strength of the school was 250 and the staff comprises of mostly Military personnel. During the World War-II the school was labeled as College. One hundred more boys (then called cadets) were admitted under the expansion scheme. The conditions of admission were eased to accommodate the near relatives of Army Personnel and admission was made open to all branches of Armed Forces. The college was affiliated to the Punjab University for Matriculation and Intermediate examinations. This Institution produced a large number of Officers. The college was renamed as King George’s School and shifted to NOWGONG (Bundel khand) in August 1952 where it was accommodated in Old Kitchener College buildings. After Independence it was felt that these schools should give liberal education and should have a wider social basis. Consequently these schools were transformed in Sep 1952 and half of the seats of total of 300 were thrown open to sons of Civilians and Armed Forces Officers. The school was renamed again as Rashtriya Military School Chail w.e.f. 25 Jun 2007. Boys are now made ready for Senior School Certificate Examination of the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi under 10+2 scheme.
Get a certified counseller and verified information