St.Johns Vestry Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School

Cantonment, Tiruchirappalli, 620001

₹ 60000.00
Annual Fees
★ 4.6
Global Edu. Score
State Board
School Board
Co-Ed
Gender Classification

About School

 St.Johns Vestry Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School

1763 – Established as a VESTRY Orphanage and school by Rev. C.F.Schwartz.
1771 – James Hays, Schwartz looked after the affairs of the “Little English School”.
1812 – The School was entrusted to their care-hence the name St.John’s Vestry School.
1879 – Rev.Franck Penny who was chaplain & his friends paid special funds for buildings.
1924 – High School Education with European syllabus.
1929 – The Foundation stone of Penny Hall was laid by Lord Bishop of Madras, Rev. D.H.M.Waller.
1932 – Vestry Motto “ORA ET LABORA” (Pray and Work) initiated.
1963 – Science Block Constructed.
1975 – School Main Office Building Constructed.
1976 – New Block Constructed for High school Students.
1977 – Higher secondary Classes Started.
1979 – First batch - Higher Secondary Government Examination
1979 – Main Hostel Dining Hall was opened by Bishop Rt.Rev.Soloman Doraisamy.
1981 – Hostel Dining Hall – II was opened by Bishop Rt.Rev.Dr.R.Paulraj.
1989 – Computer Block was opened by Bishop Rt.Rev.Dr.R.Paulraj.
2003 – Schwartz Auditorium was opened by Dr.Beatrix D’Souza, M.P. (Lok Sabha)
2013 – 250th year Celebrated (Sestercentennial Year)

Read More..

Contact Information

Location

Cantonment, Tiruchirappalli, 620001

Send Enquiry

You will be assigned a qualified & certified counsellors.

Looking for a boarding school?

Get a certified counseller and verified information